LCY – West Pier Refurbishment
Redevelopment of the 300 metre long West Pier at London City Airport to double its size.
Role: Principal Contractor for Health & Safety and full M&E fit-out.
Our design team has assisted in the redevelopment of the 300 metre long West Pier to double its size with a new construction alongside the existing building. This included assisting with the full M&E design process during 2014 and moving on to construction phase, which started in 2015.As the project has developed our role has grown from M&E Principal Contractor to Principal Contractor for the whole project.Our project team manage the co-ordination of all elements of the project on behalf of London City Airport and worked closely with Principal Designers, Pascal & Watson, and M&E designers, Waterman.
Maintaining business as usual…
24 hour operation…
The airport remained fully operational throughout so works were phased to a 24-hour programme with out-of-hours working as required. The feedback from all parties has been excellent.
Works Included within This Project:
Electrical Works Installed by BP Installations:
- Removal of all existing electrical services within the Western Pier.
- Installation of Low Voltage Infrastructure.
- Installation of LED Intelligent lighting control systems.
- Removal of existing stand lighting and Installation of new LED stand and Gate Lighting.
- Installation of new external signage and security apron lighting.
- Installation of all external power and lighting to vehicle bay locations within the West Pier.
- Installation of 600 metres of high level 630 amp main distribution bus bar trunking, including all ‘tap off’ and main distribution boards.
- Installation of all containment for all new services within the Western Pier.
- Installation of wiring infrastructure and the testing and commissioning of all mechanical services within the West Pier.
- Installation of new fire alarm system including, commissioning and connection to existing system.
- Installation of new PAVA system to existing system.
- Installation of all data communications including new IT rooms.
- Door entry security systems.Installation of flight information and advertising screens.
- Installation of retail concessions within West Pier – Pret a Manger.
- Testing – inspecting and commissioning of all electrical services within the West Pier Project.
Mechanical Works Installed by BP Installations:
- Installation of air conditioning system.
- Installation of AHU systems.
- Installation of ductwork – ventilation and insulation.
- Installation of cold, hot water and waste services.
- Installation of toilet and shower rooms.
- Installation of fire stopping to services.
- Installation of sprayed insulation to high level ceilings.
- Testing and commissioning of all services.
Internal Fit-Out Works Site Managed As Principal Contractor by BP Installations include:
- Bespoke joinery installation of walls.
- Dry lining of internal walls.
- Acoustic ceiling baffles.
- Stainless steel trims and skirting.
- Glass wall installations, dividers and staircases.
- Decorations to all areas.
- Access flooring and ceramic floor tiling.
- Signage and CCTV Security camera system.
- Retail Concession Units.
External Fit-Out Works Site Managed As Principal Contractor by BP Installations include:
- Demolition of existing external fabrics.
- Installation of external cladding to new steel frame of new building structure.
- External door and new corridor access routes to arrival halls.
- Vehicle bay refurbishments works.